#102, b. 5 March 1891
Josie Shields|b. 5 Mar 1891|p102.htm|Maurice Shields|b. b 4 May 1856\nd. 9 Mar 1920|p96.htm|Mary McCarthy|b. 1860\nd. 13 Oct 1906|p97.htm|John Sheil|b. b 18 Jan 1815\nd. 27 Oct 1884|p28.htm|Johanna Morrissey|b. 1821\nd. 22 Dec 1910|p29.htm|??? McCarthy||p98.htm|??? Kelley||p99.htm|
- Father*: Maurice Shields b. b 4 May 1856, d. 9 Mar 1920
- Mother*: Mary McCarthy b. 1860, d. 13 Oct 1906
- Relationship: 1st cousin of Helen Mary Shields.
- Note: Josie Shields Note that her older sister Catherine's baptism lists her mother as Mary McCue which is very similar to Josie's godfather's surname McKew. Was Morris remarried after having Catherine?1
- Birth*: She was born on 5 March 1891 at Baltimore, MD, US.2
- She was the daughter of Maurice Shields and Mary McCarthy.
- Christening: Josie Shields was christened on 22 March 1891 at St. Brigid's Church, Baltimore, MD, US; gp: Thomas McKew & Margaret Cosgrove.2
- (Witness) Census: She witnessed the census of Maurice Shields and Mary McCarthy in 1900 at 2423 Fait Ave., Baltimore, MD, US, ;
Shields, Morris May 1860 40 M 18 imm 1881, 19 yrs in US, marine fireman IRE/IRE/IRE owned house with mortgage
Mary Jan 1858 42 M 18 imm 1881, 19 yrs in US IRE/IRE/IRE 7 children, 4 living
Katie Aug 1884 15 MD saleslady
Josie Mar 1891 9 MD school
Nellie May 1893 7 MD
Morris Aug 1896 3 MD.3
- Communion1*: Josie Shields received First Holy Communion on 24 May 1903 at St. Brigid's Church, Baltimore, MD, US.1
- Confirmation*: She was confirmed on 11 June 1905 at St. Brigid's Church, Baltimore, MD, US; First Holy Communion: 24 May 1903
Confirmation name: Cecilia.1
- [S1] Church Records (Baltimore, MD: St. Brigid's Catholic Church); Maryland State Archives.
- [S57] Baptism Records, Film M1634 (Englewood, NJ: St. Brigid's Catholic Church, 1872-1896).
- [S34] 1900 US Federal Census (Population Schedule), Maryland, Baltimore, ED76 (Database online, Provo, UT: ancestry.com, 2004), sheet 3, dwelling 44, family 65, line 79; http://www.ancestry.com, subscription database, (Digital scan of original records in the National Archives, Washington, DC).