George Finlay Gibson1,2
#2208, b. 17 January 1882, d. 25 August 1941
George Finlay Gibson|b. 17 Jan 1882\nd. 25 Aug 1941|p2208.htm|James Gibson|b. 2 Dec 1852\nd. 17 Feb 1921|p95.htm|Georgina Brodie Findlay|b. 1858|p1508.htm|James Gibson|b. 18 May 1815\nd. b 2 Jan 1888|p24.htm|Isobella Craig|b. b 26 Dec 1814\nd. 27 Dec 1866|p25.htm|Robert Findlay|b. 1834\nd. 5 Nov 1896|p1611.htm|Jane Gray|b. 1834\nd. b 1886|p1612.htm|
- Relationship: 1st cousin of Andrew Murray Gibson.
- Birth*: George Finlay Gibson was born on 17 January 1882 at Jersey City, Hudson, NJ, US.1,3
- He was the son of James Gibson and Georgina Brodie Findlay.1
- (Witness) Residence: George Finlay Gibson witnessed the residence of James Gibson between 1895 and 1898 at 465 Palisade Ave., Jersey City, Hudson, NJ, US; Living with George Gibson, a boxmaker, in 1897.4
- Census*: George Finlay Gibson appeared on the census of 1900 at 42 Sherman Ave., Jersey City, Hudson, NJ, US, ; Gibson, George boarder b. Jan 1878 age 22 NJ/NJ/NJ driver.5
- Census: He appeared on the census of 1910 at 2252 Seventh Ave., New York, New York, NY, US, ; Gibson, George boarder 29 NJ/Sco/Sco driver for RR.6
- Milit-Draft*: He registered for the draft in 1917 at 515 Hudson Street, New York, NY, US; George Finlay Gibson, b. 17 Jan 1882, driver, tall, medium build, blue eyes, brown hair, father James F. Gibson living in the Panama Canal Zone.2
- Death*: He died on 25 August 1941 at Chicago, Cook, IL, US, at age 59 age 59, single, a chef born in NJ to James Gibson and Georgina Finlay both of Scotland.7
- Burial*: He was buried on 3 September 1941 at Central Plant Ill. Dem Assn, Chicago, Cook, IL, US.7
- [S538] Pedigree Resource File (Intellectual Reserve, Inc., Copyright @1999-2005), submission 268806-1016101134929; http://familysearch.org
- [S756] US World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-18 (Database online: Provo, Utah: ancestry.com),Registration Location: New York County, New York; Roll: 1765751; Draft Board: 100.; Ancestry.com, Provo, Utah, UT, US.
- [S793] George Gibson, Registration of Death, Chicago, IL (familysearch.org); http://familysearch.org
- [S126] W. Andrew Boyd, Gopsill's Jersey City Directory (Washington, DC: n.pub., 2000); Family History Center, 4100 St. John's Lane, Ellicott City, Howard, MD, US.
- [S618] 1900 US Federal Census (Population Schedule), New Jersey, Hudson, Jersey City, Ward 11, ED165 (Database online, Provo, Utah: ancestry.com, 2004), Sheet 28A, image 55, stamped 28, dwellling 653, family 643; http://www.ancestry.com, subscription database, (Digital scan of original records in the National Archives, Washington, DC).
- [S619] 1910 US Federal Census (Population Schedule), NY, New York City (Database online, Provo, UT: ancestry.com, 2004), Manhattan Ward 12, sheet 12A, image 23, stamped 175, family 252; http://www.ancestry.com, subscription database, (Digital scan of original records in the National Archives, Washington, DC).
- [S793] George Gibson, Registration of Death, Chicago, IL (familysearch.org), also at Ancestry.com; http://familysearch.org