Audrey Frances Gibson
#3, b. 23 August 1928, d. 16 May 1993
Audrey Frances Gibson|b. 23 Aug 1928\nd. 16 May 1993|p3.htm|Andrew Murray Gibson|b. 30 Nov 1898\nd. 7 Jul 1957|p6.htm|Helen Mary Shields|b. 26 Aug 1898\nd. 27 Nov 1955|p7.htm|John Gibson|b. 11 Nov 1855\nd. 30 Mar 1927|p12.htm|Catherine Murray|b. 21 Jun 1859\nd. 12 May 1938|p13.htm|John Shields|b. 16 Oct 1861\nd. 9 Sep 1922|p14.htm|Mary F. Wheeler|b. 4 Jun 1868\nd. 30 May 1926|p15.htm|
Audrey Gibson Strine, taken around 1944
- Father*: Andrew Murray Gibson b. 30 Nov 1898, d. 7 Jul 1957
- Mother*: Helen Mary Shields b. 26 Aug 1898, d. 27 Nov 1955
- Married Name: Her married name was Audrey Frances Strine.1
- Birth*: Audrey Frances Gibson was born on 23 August 1928 at Baltimore, MD, US; Aunt Jo said that Aunt Kitty was born at home on Collins Ave, but the rest were born in St. Agnes Hospital. They moved from Collins to Harlem, then to Lanvale, and then to Lafayette. Then they moved to Wilmington, NC when mom was about 4 and lived on Anne Street for 1 year. The house was very damp and the basement had a dirt floor - they hated it. Then they moved to Winston-Salem, where they lived on Angelo Street and Lochlind Ave (in Ardmoore) for 2-3 years. These houses were much nicer. They moved back to Baltimore on Hilton Street across from Gwynn Falls Jr High. Katheryn M. Gibson didn't like it and told Andrew to move them to the county. That's when they finally moved to 8 Link Ave. which was later renumbered to 5510.2
- She was the daughter of Andrew Murray Gibson and Helen Mary Shields.
- Christening: Audrey Frances Gibson was christened on 2 September 1928 at St. Edward's Church, Baltimore, MD, US; Rev. William A. Toolen; gp: Agnes & John Gibson, says born 24 Aug 1928 and dated 10 Feb 1937 - George E. Shank, Pastor.3
- (Witness) Census: She witnessed the census of Andrew Murray Gibson and Helen Mary Shields in 1930 at 2528 W. Lafayette Ave., Baltimore, MD, US, ;
Gibson, Andrew 31, M25, NJ/Scot/Ire, inspector Customs House
Mary, 30, M25, MD/IRE/NJ, homemaker
Katherine 5 MD/NJ/MD
Mary 2 x/12 MD/NJ/MD
Audrey 1 x/12 MD/NJ/MD
Coyle, Thomas BIL 26, M21, MD/MD/MD, manager, J.W.Crook
Josephine 26, M21, MD/IRE/NJ, bookkeeper, hotel
Shields, Arthur 25, MD/IRE/NJ, Pharmacy, Drug Store.4
- (Witness) Residence: Audrey Frances Gibson witnessed the residence of Andrew Murray Gibson and Helen Mary Shields in 1932 at Willmington, New Hanover, NC, US; for about a year. They did not like it much and were happy to return to Baltimore.5
- Education*: Audrey Frances Gibson was educated between 1934 and 1940 at Arbutus Elementary School, Arbutus, Baltimore, MD, US.1
- Education: She was educated between 1940 and 1943 at Catonsville Junior High School, Catonsville, Baltimore, MD, US.1
- Education: She was educated between 1943 and 1944 at Catonsville Senior High School, Catonsville, Baltimore, MD, US; she dropped out after 10th grade since she did not do well on tests due to her habit of "freezing up".1
- Occupation: She was She worked as a soda jerk for her Uncle Otts (Arthur Shields) who owned the pharmacy. between 1944 and 1946 at Preston & Shields Pharmacy, Catonsville, Baltimore, MD, US.1
- Occupation*: She was a sales clerk. She worked in Ladies' Sportswear, Coats, Sweaters, and China. between 1962 and 1990 at Hochschild, Kohn; Hutzler's; Hecht's, Baltimore, MD, US.1
- Death*: She died on 16 May 1993 at St. Agnes Hospital, Baltimore, MD, US, at age 64 due to lymphoma. Her obituary in the Baltimore Sun 17 May 1993 read: STRINE, Audrey F. On May 16, 1993, AUDREY FRANCES (nee Gibson), beloved wife of Edward S. Strine, loving mother of Jeanne T. Cooper and Joanne S. Frey, devoted sister of Kathryn Dougherty, Mary Jo Krebs, Beatrice Zinsmeister and Andrew J. Gibson, loving grandmother of David and Jenny Smith and Michele and Michael Frey. Friends may call at the Ambrose Funeral Home, Inc., 1328 Sulphur Spring Road, Arbutus, on Monday and Tuesday from 3 to 5 and 7 to 9 P.M. Christian Wake Service on Tuesday at 7:30 P.M. Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated on Wednesday at 10:30 A.M. in Church of the Ascension. Interment in Meadowridge Memorial Park.1
- Burial*: She was buried on 19 May 1993 at Meadowridge Cemetery, Elkridge, Howard, MD, US; East border on top of hill across from pond, flat bronze marker has bas relief of a rose.1
- [S137] Joanne S. Frey, Testimony (n.pub.).
- [S2] Audrey F. Gibson, Certificate of Birth, Registered No. D39666 (23 Aug 1928) (Baltimore, MD: Baltimore City Health Department, 1928); Edward S. Strine.
- [S49] Audrey Gibson, Baptism Record, 2 Sep 1928 (Baltimore, MD: St. Edward's Church Records, 1928).
- [S269] 1930 US Federal Census (Population Schedule), Maryland, Baltimore, Ward 16, ED622 (Database online, Provo, Utah: ancestry.com, 1930), Sheet 8A, image 14 (stamped 85), dwelling 158, family 190; http://www.ancestry.com, subscription database, (Digital scan of original records in the National Archives, Washington, DC).
- [S649] Testimony - Audrey Gibson Strine (n.pub.).