#55, b. circa 1905
- Description*: Tom Coyle was described as tall (about 6'4") and good looking - like Fred MacMurray.1
- Birth*: He was born circa 1905.2
- Marriage*: He married Josephine Shields, daughter of John Shields and Mary Frances Wheeler, on 13 May 1925 at Alexandria, VA, US; Rev. Fr. Kelly.3
- (Witness) Census: Tom Coyle witnessed the census of Andrew Murray Gibson and Helen Mary Shields in 1930 at 2528 W. Lafayette Ave., Baltimore, MD, US, ;
Gibson, Andrew 31, M25, NJ/Scot/Ire, inspector Customs House
Mary, 30, M25, MD/IRE/NJ, homemaker
Katherine 5 MD/NJ/MD
Mary 2 x/12 MD/NJ/MD
Audrey 1 x/12 MD/NJ/MD
Coyle, Thomas BIL 26, M21, MD/MD/MD, manager, J.W.Crook
Josephine 26, M21, MD/IRE/NJ, bookkeeper, hotel
Shields, Arthur 25, MD/IRE/NJ, Pharmacy, Drug Store.4
- Residence*: Tom Coyle and Josephine Shields resided in 1930 at 2528 W. Fayette, Baltimore, MD, US.5
Family: Josephine Shields b. 25 May 1901, d. 22 May 1953
- [S97] Edward S. STRINE, Testimony (n.pub.); Edward S. Strine.
- [S137] Joanne S. Frey, Testimony (n.pub.).
- [S144] Baptism Records, Films M2654-5 (Baltimore, MD: St. Martin's Catholic Church, 1880-1905); Maryland State Archives.
- [S269] 1930 US Federal Census (Population Schedule), Maryland, Baltimore, Ward 16, ED622 (Database online, Provo, Utah: ancestry.com, 1930), Sheet 8A, image 14 (stamped 85), dwelling 158, family 190; http://www.ancestry.com, subscription database, (Digital scan of original records in the National Archives, Washington, DC).
- [S46] Compiled, Baltimore City Directory (Baltimore, MD: Woods/R. L. Polk & Co., 1880-1930),Tom was branch mgr for J.W.Crook Stores; Baltimore City Archives, 211 East Pleasant Street, Baltimore, MD, US.