George Phillip Ziegler1
#1241, b. 1 April 1677, d. 1755
George Phillip Ziegler|b. 1 Apr 1677\nd. 1755|p1241.htm|Hans George Ziegler|b. 1622\nd. 22 Feb 1665|p1251.htm|Sarah Unknown|b. 1633\nd. 18 Dec 1689|p1252.htm|||||||||||||
- Father*: Hans George Ziegler2 b. 1622, d. 22 Feb 1665
- Mother*: Sarah Unknown2 b. 1633, d. 18 Dec 1689
- Charts: Descendant Chart for Hans George Ziegler, Pedigree for Anna L. Yessler (#1), Pedigree for Anna L. Yessler (#2)
- Relationship: 5th great-grandfather of Anna Louise Yessler.
- Note: George Phillip Ziegler is the subject of an excellent website which can be found here.3
- Birth*: He was born on 1 April 1677 at Weiler, Sinsheim, Heidelberg (Rhein-Neckar-Kreis), Baden, Germany.2
- He was the son of Hans George Ziegler and Sarah Unknown.2
- Marriage*: George Phillip Ziegler married Anna Martha Mayer, daughter of Jacob Mayer, in July 1702 at Weiler Lutheran Church, Weiler, Baden, Germany.2,4
- Immigration*: George Phillip Ziegler and Anna Martha Mayer immigrated on 18 September 1727 to William and Sarah, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, US; arrived aboard the William and Sarah, William Hill, Master, from Rotterdam via Dover, among a colony of Palatines led by the Reformed minister George Michael Weiss, and landed at Philadelphia.2,5,3
- Naturalization*: George Phillip Ziegler was naturalized on 21 September 1727 at Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, US; took the oath of allegiance to King George II in the presence of the Governor and Council.5
- Note*: He one of 24 founders of the Evangelical Lutheran Congregation on the Codorus. in 1733 at Christ Lutheran Church, York, York, PA, US.5
- Note: He signer of letter of the Germans to the Governor of Maryland. on 11 August 1736.5
- Occupation*: He was constable in 1750 at Manchester, York, PA, US.5
- Will*: He left a will on 17 April 1750; probated 24 jun 1756.5
- Death*: He died in 1755.2
- Burial*: He was buried after 1755 at Bott's Cemetery, W. Manchester, York, PA, US; year of death given as 1756 according to this memorial stone which may be seen here.6
Family: Anna Martha Mayer b. 10 Sep 1681, d. 1750
- Marriage*: He married Anna Martha Mayer, daughter of Jacob Mayer, in July 1702 at Weiler Lutheran Church, Weiler, Baden, Germany.2,4
- John Jacob Ziegler+2 b. 15 May 1703, d. c Feb 1785
- Maria Catharina Ziegler2 b. 1 Mar 1705
- Barbara Ziegler2 b. 25 Jul 1707
- Ludwig Ziegler2 b. 28 Oct 1708
- Hans Martin Ziegler2 b. 12 Mar 1710
- John George Ziegler+2 b. 2 Feb 1712
- Johan Philip Ziegler+1 b. 14 Aug 1714, d. 7 Apr 1800
- Anna Christina Ziegler2 b. 15 Dec 1715
- [S119] Submissions, Family Group Sheets (250 E. Market Street York, PA 17403: York County Heritage Trust); The Historical Society of York County.
- [S230] John M. Barnhart (3824 Cheryl St. in Bueyrus Ohio), Ziegler Family Group Sheets (n.pub., 1783); The Historical Society of York County.
- [S713] Hans Georg Ziegler Project, http://www.genealogy-stories.com/index.html (e-mail address: Allen & Elaine Ziegler, 2007).
- [S297] One World Tree, Family Trees (Database online: Provo, Utah: http://www.ancestry.com), ID: I171 Coralie Schepansky.
- [S9] Submissions, Family Files and Vital Statistics (250 East Market Street, York, PA: York County Heritage Trust); The Historical Society of York County.
- [S597] Find a Grave (http://www.findagrave.com/: n.pub.), http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSsr=41&GScid=46662&GRid=17327748&