#361, b. 17 June 1712, d. 1786
Nicholas Wilt|b. 17 Jun 1712\nd. 1786|p361.htm|Johan Valentine Wilt|b. b 28 Dec 1679\nd. b 15 Mar 1755|p885.htm|Elizabeth Abegg|b. c 1680|p894.htm|Hans H. Wilt|b. b 12 Sep 1655\nd. 4 Dec 1712|p886.htm|Anna M. Unknown|b. 1651\nd. 30 Jan 1692|p893.htm|Hans J. Abegg|b. b 16 Feb 1651|p908.htm|Elizabeth Weber||p909.htm|
- Father*: Johan Valentine Wilt2 b. b 28 Dec 1679, d. b 15 Mar 1755
- Mother*: Elizabeth Abegg3 b. c 1680
- Relationship: 4th great-grandfather of Edward Reinecke Strine.
- Birth*: Nicholas Wilt was born on 17 June 1712 at Heidelberg-Ziegelhausen, Heidelberg (Rhein-Neckar-Kreis), Baden, Germany.2
- He was the son of Johan Valentine Wilt and Elizabeth Abegg.2,3
- (Witness) Immigration: Nicholas Wilt witnessed the immigration of Johan Valentine Wilt and Elizabeth Abegg on 18 September 1732 at Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, US; on the Johnson Galley. The following is from a list of Palentines who arrived in Philadelphia on Johnson Galley of London, David Crockett, Com. Sep 18 O.S. 1732:
Men > 16: Valentine and Nicollas Vield
Women > 14: Elizabeth and Margaret Vield
Boys < 16: Paul Vield
Girls < 14: Elizabeth Vield.4
- Marriage*: Nicholas Wilt married Catarina Margareta Schneiderin on 20 October 1741 at Muddy Creek Lutheran Church, Cocalico, Lancaster, PA, US.1,5,6
- Death*: Nicholas Wilt died in 1786.3
- Will*: He left a will on 14 March 1786 at Manchester, York, PA, US; Written: 1 Sep 1784; Issue: Valentine, John Adam, Samuel, George, Mary Catherin, Elizabeth, Magdalena. Ex: Son Valentine Wildt & Jonas Budisilly. On 26 Mar 1786 Balance 518-12-7. $427.21 & $284.26 cash assets which are distributed to creditors on a pro rata basis. On 16 Sep 1817 Admr. Bal. $353.71.7
Family: Catarina Margareta Schneiderin b. 1715
- Maria Catherine Wilt5 b. 27 Sep 1742
- Valentine Wilt+8 b. 26 Sep 1743
- Maria Elizabeth Wilt3 b. b 18 Mar 1745
- Johan Adam Wilt3 b. b 4 Oct 1747, d. 1824
- Barbara Wilt3 b. b 20 Jul 1748, d. b 1786
- Samuel Wilt3 b. b 25 Mar 1750
- Maria Magdalena Wilt+1 b. 17 Sep 1752, d. b 15 Feb 1820
- Maria Margreth Wilt3 b. b 1 Sep 1754
- John George Wilt3 b. b 27 Jun 1756
- [S119] Submissions, Family Group Sheets (250 E. Market Street York, PA 17403: York County Heritage Trust); The Historical Society of York County.
- [S9] Submissions, Family Files and Vital Statistics (250 East Market Street, York, PA: York County Heritage Trust), Photocopy of original baptism record; The Historical Society of York County.
- [S9] Submissions, Family Files and Vital Statistics (250 East Market Street, York, PA: York County Heritage Trust); The Historical Society of York County.
- [S122] Ralph B. Strassburger and William J. Hinke, Pennsylvania German Pioneers (Norristown, PA: Pennsylvania German Society, 1934),pg 39?; Family History Center, 4100 St. John's Lane, Ellicott City, Howard, MD, US.
- [S90] International Genealogical Index (R) (35 N West Temple Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84150: The Church of Christ of Latter Day Saints, Copyright @1980, 1997, data as of February 1997), Maria Catherine's birth; Family History Center.
- [S156] Transcribed Church Records (Cocalico, Lancaster County, PA: Muddy Creek Lutheran Church); The Historical Society of York County.
- [S158] Nicholas Wildt, Last Will and Testament, Probated 14 Mar 1786 G-91 (n.pub.); The Historical Society of York County.
- [S135] Transcribed Church Records (York County, PA: Salem Evangelical Lutheran & German Reformed Church Records), Marriages 1758-1772; The Historical Society of York County.