#2341, b. circa 1807, d. before 1 August 1848
Margaret Hutton|b. c 1807\nd. b 1 Aug 1848|p2341.htm|Robert Hutton|b. c 1765\nd. a 1836|p2339.htm||||Unknown Hutton|b. a 1730|p2340.htm||||||||||
- Father*: Robert Hutton1 b. c 1765, d. a 1836
- Charts: Descendant Chart for Hutton
- Birth*: Margaret Hutton was born circa 1807 at Ireland.1
- She was the daughter of Robert Hutton.1
- (Witness) Residence: Margaret Hutton witnessed the residence of James Hutton and Robert Hutton between 1833 and 1838 at 24 Baltimore St., Baltimore, MD, US; It appears James Hutton shared this dwelling with his brother Robert who appears to have predeceased him or at least was not mentioned again after James' will was written in 1836. James bequeathed his dwelling and storerooms to his nephew Robert in his will written in 1836, certified in 1838, and settled in 1841. However, G.M.Hutton was living there in 1842. Margaret Hutton then bought the property in 1843 after her brother Robert died and his property was sold at auction. The property was described as abutting a lot owned by William Hutton - do not know if this is some relation. The property was then sold in 1848 following her death (was numbered 125 Baltimore St.).2,1,3,4,5
- Naturalization*: Margaret Hutton was naturalized on 10 April 1839 at U.S. Circuit Court, Baltimore, MD, US; born in Ireland.6
- (Witness) Probate: She witnessed the probate of the estate of James Hutton on 15 May 1841 at Baltimore County Court, Baltimore, MD, US; Court documents show that Jane and Margaret Hutton were the sisters of Robert Hutton and Gaun McRobert Hutton, and were dispersing stock received via the will of their uncle, the late James Hutton. Jane and Margaret signed their consent to the sale of 24 shares of stock in Merchants Bank and reinvestment in State of Maryland stocks on 20 Jan 1842.1
- (Witness) Note: Margaret Hutton witnessed the note of Gaun McRobert Hutton on 15 June 1843 at Chancery Court, Baltimore, MD, US; was involved in the following court action: Garin McRobert Hutton vs. Jane Hutton, Margaret Hutton, Jane McClatchey, John McClatchey, Isabella Whitson, and William Whitson. BA. Petition to sell Bowleys Wharf and lots in BC. This case was about the settlement of the estate of Robert Hutton who had died suddenly the previous October without issue and intestate. His 3 pieces of real estate, including 24 Baltimore Street which contained a grocery, were sold and the proceeds divided among Gaun, Jane, and Margaret Hutton, and their nieces Isabella McMurray Whitson and Jane McMurray McClatchey.3
- (Witness) Probate: Margaret Hutton witnessed the probate of the estate of Robert Hutton on 10 November 1843 at Baltimore, MD, US; since he died intestate his heirs were determined to be his brother Gaun, his sisters Jane and Margaret, and his nieces Isabella McMurray Whitson and Jane McMurray McClatchey, daughters of his deceased eldest sister Bell Hutton McMurray.3
- Residence*: Margaret Hutton and Jane Hutton resided between 1847 and 1848 at 30 North Street, Baltimore, MD, US; Misses Jane and Margaret Hutton.7
- Death*: Margaret Hutton died before 1 August 1848 Gaun M. Hutton petitioned court to sell lot in BC pursuant to the death of his sister Margaret who had inherited this property from their uncle James Hutton, and had died without issue. The property, was a 3-story house at 125 Baltimore Street.8
- [S652] Baltimore County & Baltimore City Equity Papers, Index, Baltimore County (Chancery Papers) MSA C295 (http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/refserv/quickref/html/ba_bcequity.html: Maryland State Archives, 2007), MSA #: C295-2541 Accession #: 40,200-2523, Location: 2/15/13/27, #C304; Maryland State Archives.
- [S655] Compiled, Matchett's Baltimore Directory (Baltimore, MD: Matchett, 1840-1850),1833, 1837; Baltimore City Archives, 211 East Pleasant Street, Baltimore, MD, US.
- [S653] Maryland Chancery Papers 1843, MSA S 1432 (http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/stagser/s1400/s1432/html/s1432aaa.html: Maryland State Archives, 2007), Accession No: 17,898-8300-1/2. MSA S512-8279, 1/38/3/85, #8300; Maryland State Archives.
- [S699] Maryland Chancery Papers 1848, MSA S512-10-8298 (http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/stagser/s500/s512/html/s512aa.html: Maryland State Archives, 2007), Recorded (Chancery Record) MSA S512-10-8298, Accession No.: 17,898-8317, Location: 1/38/3/86, C8319; Maryland State Archives.
- [S655] Compiled, Matchett's Baltimore Directory (Baltimore, MD: Matchett, 1840-1850),1842; Baltimore City Archives, 211 East Pleasant Street, Baltimore, MD, US.
- [S717] Ancestry.com, U.S. Naturalization Records Indexes, 1794 - 1995 ([database online] Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2007),Maryland > District of Maryland > Holmes, Guyllyn Robert - Kerr, William, image 1259; PM 2, folio 355; Ancestry.com, Provo, Utah, UT, US.
- [S655] Compiled, Matchett's Baltimore Directory (Baltimore, MD: Matchett, 1840-1850),1847-48; Baltimore City Archives, 211 East Pleasant Street, Baltimore, MD, US.
- [S699] Maryland Chancery Papers 1848, MSA S512-10-8298 (http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/stagser/s500/s512/html/s512aa.html: Maryland State Archives, 2007), Recorded (Chancery Record) 176, p. 463, Accession No.: 17,898-8319, MSA S512-10-8298, Location: 1/38/3/, #8319; Maryland State Archives.