#97, b. 1860, d. 13 October 1906
Mary McCarthy|b. 1860\nd. 13 Oct 1906|p97.htm|??? McCarthy||p98.htm|??? Kelley||p99.htm|||||||||||||
- Married Name: Her married name was Shields.
- Birth*: Mary McCarthy was born in 1860 at Ireland.1
- She was the daughter of ??? McCarthy and ??? Kelley.1
- Immigration*: Mary McCarthy immigrated in 1883; Came to Baltimore in 1883; Born in 1855 or 1858?1
- Marriage*: She married Maurice Shields, son of John Sheil and Johanna Morrissey, before 1884.
- Census*: Mary McCarthy and Maurice Shields appeared on the census of 1900 at 2423 Fait Ave., Baltimore, MD, US, ;
Shields, Morris May 1860 40 M 18 imm 1881, 19 yrs in US, marine fireman IRE/IRE/IRE owned house with mortgage
Mary Jan 1858 42 M 18 imm 1881, 19 yrs in US IRE/IRE/IRE 7 children, 4 living
Katie Aug 1884 15 MD saleslady
Josie Mar 1891 9 MD school
Nellie May 1893 7 MD
Morris Aug 1896 3 MD.2
- Occupation*: Mary McCarthy was a housewife before 1906.
- Death*: She died on 13 October 1906 at Baltimore, MD, US, due to pulmonary tuberculosis contributed by exhaustion. She lived at 2423 Fait Ave, and had been in Baltimore City 23 years. Her age at death was 46 according to St. Brigid's Records, and 51 according to 1900 Census.1
- Burial*: She was buried after 13 October 1906 at St. Peter's Cemetery, Baltimore, MD, US.1
Family: Maurice Shields b. b 4 May 1856, d. 9 Mar 1920
- [S193] Mary Shields, Certificate of Death, Registered No. B94497 (Baltimore, MD: Baltimore City Department of Health); Maryland State Archives.
- [S34] 1900 US Federal Census (Population Schedule), Maryland, Baltimore, ED76 (Database online, Provo, UT: ancestry.com, 2004), sheet 3, dwelling 44, family 65, line 79; http://www.ancestry.com, subscription database, (Digital scan of original records in the National Archives, Washington, DC).
- [S57] Baptism Records, Film M1634 (Englewood, NJ: St. Brigid's Catholic Church, 1872-1896), #232.