#349, b. 25 March 1776
Catherine Seifert|b. 25 Mar 1776|p349.htm|Johann Michael Seifert|b. 26 Sep 1753\nd. c 1820|p347.htm|Maria Magdalena Wilt|b. 17 Sep 1752\nd. b 15 Feb 1820|p348.htm|Adam Seifert|b. 13 Jun 1722\nd. 27 Dec 1787|p358.htm|Anna M. Schwartzwalder|d. b 30 Jul 1805|p359.htm|Nicholas Wilt|b. 17 Jun 1712\nd. 1786|p361.htm|Catarina M. Schneiderin|b. 1715|p362.htm|
- Father*: Johann Michael Seifert1 b. 26 Sep 1753, d. c 1820
- Mother*: Maria Magdalena Wilt b. 17 Sep 1752, d. b 15 Feb 1820
- Charts: Descendant Chart for Hans Wilt
- Relationship: 2nd great-grandaunt of Edward Reinecke Strine.
- Note*: Catherine Seifert Married Joseph Bate or Bower - Buatt
Will of Michael Seiffert says Catherine m. Joseph Bate
Will L-261 of Anna Mary Seiffert says Catherine m. Joseph Bower.2,3
- Birth*: She was born on 25 March 1776 at Dover, York, PA, US.1
- She was the daughter of Johann Michael Seifert and Maria Magdalena Wilt.1
- Christening: Catherine Seifert was christened on 21 April 1776 at Salem Evangelical Lutheran & German Reformed Church, Dover, York, PA, US; Sponsors: Adam & Maria Seiffert.1
- Confirmation*: She was confirmed in 1790 at Christ Lutheran Church, York, York, PA, US; Brother Adam confirmed same year, same place.4
- Residence*: She resided between 1812 and 1820 at St. Francisville, West Feliciana, LA, US.5
- Note: She Wrote to her brother John asking him to send for her and her five children after her husband died. on 9 March 1813 at St. Francisville, West Feliciana, LA, US.6
- (Witness) Will: She witnessed the will of Johann Michael Seifert on 12 December 1820 at Dover, York, PA, US; 10 Children: Adam, Catharine m. Joseph Bate(dead) (should be Buatt), Michael Jr. petitioner, Barbara m. John Ferrence, Elizabeth m. John Slothower, John, Philip, Mary m. Henry Sherbone, Geo, Susanna m. John Zinn
Wants 30 acres appraised, Michael Jr. gets land $691.87.2
- [S135] Transcribed Church Records (York County, PA: Salem Evangelical Lutheran & German Reformed Church Records), pg 18; The Historical Society of York County.
- [S72] Michael Seiffert, Last Will and Testament, 12 Dec 1820 OC/N-125-126 (n.pub.); The Historical Society of York County.
- [S77] Anna Maria Seiffert (nee Schwartzwalder), Last Will and Testament, L261 & OC/I-262 (n.pub.); The Historical Society of York County.
- [S127] Transcribed Church Records (York, PA: Christ Lutheran Church); The Historical Society of York County.
- [S9] Submissions, Family Files and Vital Statistics (250 East Market Street, York, PA: York County Heritage Trust), Copy of letters written from her to her brother.; The Historical Society of York County.
- [S9] Submissions, Family Files and Vital Statistics (250 East Market Street, York, PA: York County Heritage Trust); The Historical Society of York County.