Neva M. Winans1,2
#2248, b. 3 January 1881, d. 11 January 1883
Neva M. Winans|b. 3 Jan 1881\nd. 11 Jan 1883|p2248.htm|Ross Revillon Winans|b. 8 Jun 1850\nd. 25 Apr 1912|p2160.htm|Neva Whistler|b. 5 Apr 1860\nd. 29 Apr 1907|p2176.htm|Thomas D. Winans|b. 6 Dec 1820\nd. 10 Jun 1878|p2158.htm|Celeste L. Revillon|b. 1828\nd. a 14 Mar 1861|p2159.htm|George W. Whistler|b. 9 Jul 1822\nd. 24 Dec 1869|p2170.htm|Julia D. Winans|b. 24 Oct 1825\nd. 26 Sep 1875|p2169.htm|
- Father*: Ross Revillon Winans1 b. 8 Jun 1850, d. 25 Apr 1912
- Mother*: Neva Whistler1 b. 5 Apr 1860, d. 29 Apr 1907
- Charts: Descendant Chart for Ross Winans
- Birth*: Neva M. Winans was born on 3 January 1881 at Paris, France.1,3
- She was the daughter of Ross Revillon Winans and Neva Whistler.1
- (Witness) Immigration: Neva M. Winans witnessed the immigration of Ross Revillon Winans and Neva Whistler on 9 August 1881 at New York, New York, NY, US; aboard the Gallia from Liverpool, England via Queenstown, Ireland,
Ross Winans 31, gentleman, Russia, US
Catherine Winans 21, wife, Russia, US
Neva Winans 6 months, France, US
Clara M. Winans 26, US, US
Jane D. Whistler 26, US, US
We know he is married to Neva - why is she named Catherine? Clara seems to match Celeste, and Jane may be cousin Julia with who should be 16.1
- Death*: Neva M. Winans died on 11 January 1883 at Baltimore, MD, US, at age 2 possibly of smallpox as the obituary of Ross R. Winans mentions they lost a young child to smallpox, although that supposedly happened at their St. Paul street home.4,5
- Burial*: She was buried on 12 January 1883 at Green Mount Cemetery, Baltimore, MD, US; presumably in the Winans' vault. Her tombstone site may be seen here.4,2
- [S507] New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 (Provo, UT: Ancestry.com The Generations Network, 2006),09 Aug 1881; Ancestry.com, Provo, Utah, UT, US.
- [S659] Submissions, Winans Papers, 1828 - 1963, Special Collections MS 916 (201 W. Monument St. Baltimore, MD 21201: Maryland Historical Society), Box 4, folder 107, letter from the Proprietors of Green Mount Cemetery dated 19 Jan. 1934 to Mr. W. R. Hubner of Safe Deposit and Trust Co.; Maryland Historical Society Library.
- [S659] Submissions, Winans Papers, 1828 - 1963, Special Collections MS 916 (201 W. Monument St. Baltimore, MD 21201: Maryland Historical Society), Box 4, folder 107, list of marriages copied from family bible; Maryland Historical Society Library.
- [S597] Find a Grave (http://www.findagrave.com/: n.pub.).
- [S659] Submissions, Winans Papers, 1828 - 1963, Special Collections MS 916 (201 W. Monument St. Baltimore, MD 21201: Maryland Historical Society), Box 4, folder 101, obituary for Ross R. Winans; Maryland Historical Society Library.