#29, b. 1821, d. 22 December 1910
Johanna Morrissey with daughter Ellen Shiel, taken around 1900
- Charts: Pedigree for Helen Mary Shields
- Relationship: Grandmother of Helen Mary Shields.
- Married Name: Her married name was Sheil.1
- Birth*: Johanna Morrissey was born in 1821 at Wexford, Ireland; gravestone says 1821.2,3
- Marriage*: She married John Sheil, son of William Guilemi Sheil and Bridget Furlong, on 25 November 1842 at Kellystown, Adamstown, Wexford, Ireland; Only 7 months to birth of first baby (?!).1
- Census*: Johanna Morrissey appeared on the census of 1901 at Kellystown, Adamstown, Wexford, Ireland, ; Shiel household: 2 rooms, 5 members, landowner: Patrick D. O'Gorman
all born in Co. Wexford, all Roman Catholic (whole town)
Johanna Shiel (Head) 77 Widow
Margreth Shea (D) 40 Married General Servant Domestic
Edward Shea (S-L) 35 Married Agricultural Servant
Frances Shea (GD) 5
Margreth Shiel (GD) 11 scholar
Also a Patrick Sheil, parish priest, aged 53 living in Clonmore, Wexford Co.4
- Death*: She died on 22 December 1910 at Adamstown, Wexford, Ireland, gravestone says 23 Dec.1,5
- Burial*: She was buried after 23 December 1910 at Kellystown, Adamstown, Wexford, Ireland; Gravestone: Erected by Ellen Sheil, In Loving Memory of her father John Sheil, Kellystown, who died October 27th 1884, aged 64 years. Also her mother Johanna Sheil, (Alias Morrissey) who died Dec 23rd 1910, aged 89 years. Also her sister Bridget, who died March 7th 1894, aged 60 years. Also her sister Margaret who died May 21st 1927, aged 63 years. Also her brother-in-law Edward Shea, who died March 15th 1928, aged 63 years. Also the above Ellen Sheil, who died March 8th 1935, aged 76 years. Also her brother James Sheil Died 30th Nov 1950, aged 82 years.6
Family: John Sheil b. b 18 Jan 1815, d. 27 Oct 1884
- Mary Sheil1 b. 18 Jun 1843
- Kate Sheil1 b. b 16 Mar 1845
- Michael Sheil+1 b. b 12 Aug 1847, d. 31 Mar 1931
- Brigid Sheil1 b. b 9 Jun 1850, d. 7 Mar 1894
- Johanna Sheil1 b. b 15 Sep 1853
- Maurice Shields+7 b. b 4 May 1856, d. 9 Mar 1920
- Ellen Sheil1 b. b 18 Aug 1858, d. 8 Mar 1935
- John Shields+7 b. 16 Oct 1861, d. 9 Sep 1922
- Margaret Sheil+1 b. b 5 Apr 1863, d. 21 May 1927
- James Sheil8 b. 24 May 1868, d. 30 Nov 1950
- [S80] Letter from Parish Priest Very Reverend Thomas Doyle (Adamstown, Co. Wexford, IRE) to Joanne Frey, 6 Dec 1994; Joanne S. Frey (Ellicott City, Howard, MD, US).
- [S99] Joanna Morrissey Shiel, Irish Civil Death Index - 1908-1910 (Ireland Death Registrations, 1908-1910), age 88; vol 4, pg 427; Family History Center.
- [S100] 1901 Ireland Census (Population schedule), Adamstown (n.pub., 1901), 1823 - age 77 in 1901; Family History Center.
- [S100] 1901 Ireland Census (Population schedule), Adamstown (n.pub., 1901), New Ross, Adamstown, Kellystown; Family History Center.
- [S99] Joanna Morrissey Shiel, Irish Civil Death Index - 1908-1910 (Ireland Death Registrations, 1908-1910), age 88, New Ross;vol 4, pg 486 or 436; Family History Center.
- [S39] Interview with Mary Jo Gibson (Halethorpe, MD), by Joanne Frey. , Photograph of gravestone at Kellystown - died Dec 23rd 1910 aged 64 years.
- [S21] Morris Shields, Certificate of Death, Registered No. D41141 (9 Mar 1920) (Baltimore, MD: Health Department - City of Baltimore, 10 Mar 1920); Maryland State Archives.
- [S39] Interview with Mary Jo Gibson (Halethorpe, MD), by Joanne Frey. , photograph of tombstone.